Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Goulash....it's whats for dinner!

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a chef, nor do I play one in real life!  haha  But since I now have a family of 5 and I stay home with said family....I have been trying really hard to start cooking some decent meals.  Let's just say that a few years ago, we pretty much survived on box meals, frozen meals, and take out.  Hamburger Helper was even beyond me.

But I have made a lot of progress in the past couple years.  Last night I made goulash and by God...It was really good!!!  So....here's what I did....

I started out by bowling some elbow noodles.  While they were boiling, I put about a pound of hamburger and a chopped up green pepper in the skillet.

 Something about this picture just struck me....when I looked in the pan I just really liked the bright red of the meat and the bright green of the peppers.  It looked really pretty.
 Then I added a can of stewed tomatoes.

 And after that simmered for a bit, I added a jar of spaghetti sauce.  This is our new favorite sauce....it is delicious and locally made!
 Then add the noodles and let it all simmer together for a few minutes.

Then serve and eat!  Yum  

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, cool! My mom used to make this all the time for us when we were little, we loved it! She used 2 cans of tomato soup, I think because it was super cheap? Who knows, any way you slice it, Goulash is awesome!

    ReplyDelete