Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Power of a candle

I never knew how powerful a candle could be.  Like so many weekends, the house had gotten a little messy this weekend.  I try not to waste precious family time on cleaning during the weekends.  Since I am a stay at home Mom, I do my best to keep the house up during the week.  The kitchen was getting pretty out of control this weekend.  And finding the motivation to clean it on a Sunday afternoon is tough!

Yesterday Katelin and I took some special time for the 2 of us.  We went to the mall and while we were there I returned some things to Bath and Body works.  I ended up exchanging some stuff for a couple candles (certain scents were 50% off).  I set one on the windowsill in the kitchen.

While Kevin was busy doing something outside, I lit the candle.  The wonderful creamy nutmeg scent started filling the house.  And before I knew it I was in the kitchen putting dishes away, wiping the counters, and decluttering the counter top.  And all because of a little candle.  I guess that would be proof that if you are happy in your space you are more likely to keep it looking nice!

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you! I love having a candle burning. I recently bought a candle from Bath and Body Works also, even though I usually don't purchase them there. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they are! Wish I could remember the scent...

    ReplyDelete