Saturday, January 22, 2011

The parenting tight rope

I don't know about all of you other parents out there, but there are so many times that I feel like parenting could most definitely be compared to walking a tight rope!  I have 3 kids all under the age of 4.  My oldest will be 4 in March and my youngest will be 7 months tomorrow.  I am constantly trying to balance my home, my husband, my kids, and myself (which we should all make time for).   There are just so many aspects to being a stay at home Mom.  I am constantly questioning how I am doing as a parent.  Especially since it is the most important thing I will EVER do.

I have found one of my biggest obstacles to be my very own computer.  The internet has a way of sucking me in and making me lose all track of time.  I am going to admit to all of you right now that I know I spend way too much time on my computer.  And I am terrified that my kids are going to think that I care more about my computer than them.  I have been completely addicted to all these organization and home decor blogs.  And I have found so many great ideas on them.  But the important things in my life are not found on this computer.  So....I have decided that I am going to stay connected to a couple of my favorites but I am going to have to step back from the rest.

I mentioned to my hubby that maybe I should stop doing this blog, because it does take some time.  But being the best husband in the world like he is, he said that he didn't like that idea.  He told me that I should keep it up because he thinks I still need to have my own thing, especially since I have been really enjoying it and I am honestly proud of it.  So....you won't be getting rid of me just yet!  haha  Going back to the tight rope analogy, I have found that my husband is definitely my balancing pole.  We all need something that helps keep us balanced and that is exactly what Kevin is for me (and so much more).

But let's get back to parenting....Do any of you have any great tips for parenting?  Any fun ideas?  Let's hear 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment